Presbyopia is one of the eye conditions that occur when you get aged. If you get older, the lens also of your eyes ages and thus loses its elasticity. People who age 40s start to develop the symptoms of presbyopia. Without elasticity, the eyes have difficulty to focus on closer things. The distance lengthens. Overlapping of far-sightedness and near-sightedness are called presbyopia.
Multifocal Contact Lenses
Multifocal Contact Lenses are then used to treat presbyopia or at least correct. Famously, eyeglasses are used to correct or treat presbyopia. Did you know that eyeglasses have best results to those who suffer presbyopia. Multifocal Contact Lenses make several levels of its corrective power to treat or correct presbyopia. Nowadays, hybrid multifocal lenses have been new to industry and now used by people who suffer from different eye ailments.
Photo Credit : http://www.eyecarela.com/
How to avoid using multifocal contact lenses- in short, how to care for your eyes:
1. Eat vegetables and fruits that are rich in Vitamin A. Vitamin A helps promote good vision so you need to eat vegetables like squash and carrots to promote good eyesight. Vitamin A helps you to establish or promote eyesight even it is very dark at night.
2. When you wake up, do not wash your eyes immediately. It has been proven that your eyes will get affected by washing it with water right after you wake up because the eyes are still getting ready to be awake and then it is not good to wash them without getting them ready or they are not yet really open or see the surroundings.
3. Never sleep with your contact lenses and avoid wearing those contact lenses when you are swimming. Contact lenses help you see or correct your poor eyesight or minor ailments. And you should care for your eyes by not wearing your contact lenses for more than 19 hours. Though, it could help you but there are some of its chemicals or material content that may harm the eyes if you use it not on recommended hours.
4. Use cucumber for your eyelids. Cucumber helps to get extra water from your eyes or gets the puffiness on your eyes.
5. Wear sun glasses when you are at beach or when you go out while there is sun outside. It is better if you use UV protected sun glasses.
6. Try to not spend so much time on your laptop or tablet. There is what we call radiation that may harm your eyes so try lessening spending much time on your computer.
7. Make sure to get enough sleep.